Up to £90,000 in grants is up for grabs from believe housing’s latest round of its community investment programme.
Not-for-profit organisations in County Durham have one week left to apply to the housing provider for a Large Capital Community Grant, of between £10,000 and £30,000.
Successful applicants must use the grant to pay for 60% to 90% of a project’s capital elements such as new buildings or repairs, assets for community venues, vehicles or public artwork.
Revenue costs such as setting up classes and sessions, travel costs and buying equipment for community activities can also be covered by the funding.
The housing provider, which manages more than 18,000 homes across County Durham and beyond, welcomes applications for projects that meet at least one of its key themes:
- Health and wellbeing: improving mental and physical health and boosting confidence
- Employability and training: including volunteering and other upskilling activities
- Increasing household income: activities including debt and benefit advice, feeding families and employing people
- A greener, fairer future: by reducing, reusing and recycling
- Tackling inequalities as a result of the cost-of-living crisis.
Organisations interested in applying for a Large Capital Community Grant can find out more on the website www.believehousing.co.uk or contact believe housing’s Community Investment Team by calling 0300 1311999 or emailing email@example.com.
Applications close at midnight on Friday, 24 February 2023.