Businesses across East Durham are being asked to complete a survey on the impact COVID-19 has had on their company.
The Durham & Darlington Covid-19 Business Impact Survey aims to gather data which can be used to help the economic recovery in the coming weeks and months.
So far dozens have businesses have completed the questionnaire, with the headline results showing:
- 56% of businesses reported a drop of more than 50% on revenue
- Just over half (51%) of the business had furloughed staff
- 32% of businesses had closed for the duration of the lockdown.
- 36% of businesses were operating a reduced service as a consequence of the pandemic
- 37% of businesses feel they can survive beyond 3 months without additional financial support
The Peterlee and Seaham business park groups are working with the Business & Economic Recovery sub-group, which drafted the survey, and are asking businesses in the area to give their feedback, to ensure any support and actions nest represent the needs of employers and employees in the area.
The survey can be completed here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/COVID19_Business_Survey?utm_source=COVID-19+-+businesses+newsletter&utm_campaign=6b1b905c61-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_06_05_34_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a5b4e4a52b-6b1b905c61-328949405